ADEN, Yemen, Dec. 6 (Xinhua) -- A convoy of the UN Mission to Support the Hodeidah Agreement (UNMHA) on Tuesday survived a landmine explosion in Yemen's Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, a security official told Xinhua.
"A convoy of UNMHA composed of a group of vehicles was struck by a landmine explosion while they were traveling in the Al Hali district of Hodeidah," the local official said on condition of anonymity.
He confirmed that the explosion caused no injuries but partially damaged two UNMHA armored vehicles.
"Officials of the Houthi rebel group were escorting UNMHA head of mission, Major General Michael Beary, when the explosion targeted the UN convoy in Hodeidah," he clarified.
Another local official said that the UNMHA head and Houthi officials were on their way to closely supervise destroying large quantities of explosives and mines in Hodeidah.
Government demining experts said previously that more than 1 million landmines have been laid since the outbreak of the Yemeni civil war in late 2014, when the Houthi militia took control of several northern provinces and forced the Yemeni government out of the capital Sanaa.